Saturday 20 February 2016

Rum Pineapple Tarts 凤梨酥


Hi

This is another special recipe from my good friend, Doris.
 Pineapple tarts is the most representative snack of the festive CNY season, so if I can only bake one item, that will definitely be pineapple tarts Haha!

Pineapple tart is so popular because it sounds like “Ong Lai” in hokkien.   That’s the reason why it is a must have in all household during Chinese New Year.  
Baking pineapple tarts for Chinese New Year has become yearly affair ever since I picked up baking. Every year, I will try to bake different recipe of Pineapple Tarts and I like them all.  You can find it here, here and here.
I love baking with friend.  This year, I was so grateful that Doris shared her recipes and we got to bake together.  I really had a great time baking with her.


INGREDIENTS
300g         Plain flour
50g          Milk powder
30g          Sugar
250g         Unsalted butter
1/2 tsp      Salt         
1              Whole egg
3 tsp         Brandy / Rum

METHOD
Mix flour, salt and sugar together.  Then rub in butter.

Beat egg lightly and add in.

Knead into soft, sticky dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Roll pastry into the desire shape.

Bake in oven at 180°C for 20mins or till golden brown.


Wishing all of you a Happy Lunar New Year!

I’m submitting this post for Cook and Celebrate CNY 2016, organized by Yen(GoodyFoodies) Diana(The Domestic Goddess Wannabe) and Zoe(Bake for Happy Kids)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    It's really nice to have a baking friend baking with you. Glad that you had a good time baking these yummy tarts together :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete