Saturday 15 February 2014

Lemon Lavender Cupcakes


Hi

I chanced upon this recipe on the internet and decided to give a try since the theme is Lemon for this month Little Thumb Up.

I’m pleased that the recipe didn’t disappoint me.  Lemon and Lavender are indeed a beautiful combination as it compliments each other so well.  


This cake gives out a very refreshing flavour and it’s so ideal for asking some friends over to enjoy it with a cup of tea on a hot Saturday afternoon.  But I had this cake with my hubby.  After we had alighted the boys at their church, my hubby and I decided to go to our favourite coffeeshop in Seah Street to have our Kopi O and Teh O with these cakes and we’re feeling Life can be simple just like this...

Happy Baking!!


INGREDIENT
½ cup whole milk
3 tbsp dried edible lavender
Zest of 1 lemon and divide them into half
1 cup of plain flour
1 tsp of baking powder
Pinch of salt
¾ cup of granulated sugar (I reduced to 90g)
3 tbsp of unsalted butter
1 egg

METHOD
(1)Place milk, lavender and half of the lemon zest in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

(2)Preheat oven to 180°C.

(3)Prepare cupcake tins with liners.

(4)Sift dry ingredients into stand mixer bowl.

(5)Add butter, sugar and remaining zest and mix until sand-like texture is achieved.

(6)Strain cool infused milk. Discard lavender and zest pieces.

(7)Beat egg and add to infused milk.

(8)Slowly add egg mixture to mixer on medium speed until combined. Scrape down bowl as necessary.

(9)Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until they spring back to the touch.


I’m contributing this recipe to Little Thumb Up. 
For this month, the theme is Lemon and it’s hosted by 


13 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, these cupcakes look really simple yet elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, love the combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Amy,
    Lemon and lavender sounds good to me, both have lovely scent that I simply love.
    So nice to have a "romantic" tea-time with hubby, enjoying yummies made with love ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine the wonderful aroma admitting from your kitchen as you bake these…..very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this cup cake look simple & nice ~ like !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, just last weekend my sister-in-law had offered to give me some edible lavender that she bought to make a chicken dish. This is a new combination to me. Would like to try one of your cupcakes there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie,
      It's the combination that make this simple cake so special.

      Delete
  7. These look so pretty! Lemon and lavender? That sounds like an interesting combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I simply love your philosopy - life can be simple. Indeed it can be. It's always the little things in life that we appreciate and enjoy with our loved ones. You are definitely spot on! Lemon and lavender definitely is a great combi!! I will try your simple yet delish cupcakes very soon!! Thanks for participating with LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy,

    I wish that I can off-load my son just like what you did... hee hee

    It must be nice and relaxing having cupcakes with lots of calming lavender fragrance and a cup of tea or coffee... For me, now? I can only imagine.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for sharing this lovely combination cupcakes to LTU!
    I'm late be better then never ..lol

    That is so romantic for parent to have a quite time together. Even just a a cuppa of kopi O or tea O and a 爱心cupcake ;)
    I can feel the sweetness in between :))
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, ur recipe is so refreshing! Can I know how many gram is 3 tbsp butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yi Xuan,
      3 tbsp should be abt 43g to be exact :) Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete