Wednesday 8 January 2014

Butter Cheese Cake (芝士牛油蛋糕)


Hi.  I’m back.  Happy 2014!!

May 2014 bring joy and peace to you and your loved ones.

To recap, I’m quite proud that I have achieved many last year in baking and cooking.  You know what?  I had baked and cooked total 65 recipes from June to December 2013!!  For someone like me, who didn’t cook or bake at all prior to that, it’s indeed a great achievement.

There’re also many recipes that I had tried and didn’t work out for me.  But it was through all these failures that I achieved total of 65 recipes.  The only bake that I still don’t get it right until now is Macaroon!  Each time I made, I failed terribly and had to literally throw them all away.

I don’t think I could achieve that much without participating in the events like
Cook-Like-A-Star; Little Thumbs Up; Bake Along and Cook-Your-Book.  It is through these events that have motivated me to bake along and learn along with the rest of bloggers.

Thanks to all fellow Bloggers who have left value comments in my blog and especially to Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids); Joyce (Kitchen Flavour) and Yen (Eat Your Heart Out).   They've never failed to reply to my queries and doubts promptly whenever I encountered any.  

I’m so glad to know you, ladies.  Cheerios!

Ok. Back to my baking.  Here is my first bake for 2014 – Butter Cheese Cake (芝士牛油蛋糕
from 蔡老师 完美芝士.

This is a very buttery and cheesy cake and definitely will blow your mind off.  
It is also a very fattening cake.  You can’t have it all by yourself.  But it is delicious.  Just one slice to go along with a cup of coffee or tea, it already brings great enjoyment to me.


INGREDIENTS

Butter cake
125g       butter
100g       caster sugar (I reduced it to 70g)
2              eggs
¼ tsp       vanilla essence
125g       plain flour
2g            baking powder

Cheese layer
250g       cream cheese
70g         caster sugar
1              egg
70ml       fresh milk
1 tsp        corn flour
50g         raspberries (I used dried cranberries)

METHOD

(1)To make butter cake, preheat oven to 180°C, grease and line at 18cm (7”) baking tray with baking paper.

(2)Beat butter and sugar until creamy.  Add in eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.  Stir in vanilla essence.
Sift flour and baking powder.  Fold into butter mixture to forms batter.

(3)Spread into prepared tin.  Bake in oven for 25 minutes.

(4)To make cheese layer, beat cream cheese and sugar until soft and smooth.  Stir in egg, then stir in fresh milk and corn flour until blended.

(5)Spread batter over butter cake.  Sprinkle raspberries on top.  Continue bake in oven at 180°C for 30 mintues or until baked.

HAPPY BAKING!


I’m submitting this post for Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY.  The theme for January is Cheese and it’s hosted by Alice from I Love.I Cook.I Bake.


I’m also contributing this recipe to Cook-Your-Book #8 organised by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.


Come!  Join us to bake.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I also learnt a lot from participating these blog hops. Our blogger friends are indeed very gracious:) I might try your recipe because a friend loves rich butter cheesy cake. Yours look very decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    You have done a great job with your bakes and cooking. Well done! Looking at your wonderful bakes, it is hard to believe that you are new to baking, when you started your blog! Just like this butter cheese cake, it looks perfectly baked, with wonderful moist texture and looks absolutely delicious! This is the perfect dessert indulgence!
    Thank you for your support for all our events, and looking forward to your continuous support in 2014! :)
    Wish you a great 2014 and a delicious one as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Amy,
    thks for linking this up to LTU cheese
    cheesy butter cake is definitely in my list when its time to indulge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,

    I'm happy to know you via blogging. Nice to have friends sharing the same interest and chatting about our hobby :D

    Macaron!!! I had my up and downs with that too... but I have learned to "conquer" mine... Didn't post any macaron yet because I didn't have a chance to do it... I will posting one macaron post soon :D

    Your butter cake with cheesecake topping looks heavenly... what a perfect treat to kick start 2014!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, this cake looks really rich indeed, very delicious yet fattening like you mentioned....I love cakes like these but have to resist baking too often for obvious reasons:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, it's my pleasure knowing you too, and so glad u enjoyed some of my recipes too. Here's to another great cooking year for us all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy, how did you manage to slice the cake so well especially with the dried fruits in the cheese layer? So neat and nice.

    ReplyDelete